TAAL Pro Khol / Mridanga - Red - B-stock
TAAL Mridanga’s are made near Mayapur, West Bengal. They are constructed with sturdy, thick clay shells to ensure warm, even tonal resonance and also durability. We have traveled to Mayapur to see the production and get to know the drum makers. They have impressed us with their dedication to ensuring these drums are built ethically and constructed with precision for great sound, durability, and long lasting quality.Includes:
- FREE SHIPPING within continental U.S. from our Urbana, IL location
- One month FREE access at Bhakti Breakfast Club -- classes on tabla, harmonium, and more!
- NOTE: Size details are approximate/average.
- Length: 23 inches
- Width at Hip: 12.5 inches
- Weight: ~9 lbs.
- Dayan diameter: 4.125 inches
- Bayan diameter: 8.25 inch
- Construction: Clay Ceramic
- SHIPPING: Your instrument will arrive safely, and if it doesn't, we'll take care of it. Our packing methods have ensured that over 99% of the instruments we ship arrive undamaged. Should things not go perfectly, we will get you a replacement, refund, part or whatever is necessary. No problem.
STORE: Old Delhi Music carefully curates a selection of only fine quality ethnic musical instruments. Our business is family owned and operated in Urbana, IL since 2010. For the back story, check out this video:
- While much of India is rapidly advancing, the Indian instrument manufacturing process remains very old school. From touch ups to tuning, much of what we do at Old Delhi Music is add a layer of quality control to an otherwise non-standardized production process.
We wrote THIS ARTICLE to ensure customers understand and might appreciate this vintage production style, the unique products we carry, and how we're working to ensure genuine quality, despite the odds. It's a quick read, and definitely worthwhile for anyone considering the purchase of a traditional Indian instrument.
Old Delhi Music